Students design solutions to real-life problems and print them right in the classroom!
The GCSC 3d Printers Club is a “heads on, hands on” project; it uses an exciting, hot new technology to engage middle school students . . . .3D printers! After school, at school students design their very own 3D objects. The GCSC 3d Printers Club curriculum reinforces math and science principles taught during the school day. Through the involvement of volunteer coaches and STEM professionals who use 3D printing in the workplace, the club also exposes students to STEM career possibilities.
Student results include:
- 55% increased technical skills
- 40% saw 3d printers as a way to address real-world problems
- 17% increased understanding of STEM usefulness and application
- 15% increased ability to look at a situation in several different ways
- 12% increased understanding in the value of learning new technology
Not a current partner and want to get involved? Contact gcscstemed@gmail. today!
3d Printers Club Spotlights